Our insurers, and our carefully selected third parties, collect and use information (including data about health and unspent offences or criminal convictions) about you and, if relevant, your family and your home.
Our insurers do this so they can:
- Verify your identity and help prevent fraud
- Calculate the risk to insure you
- Calculate your price
- Set up, assess and maintain your insurance contract with them
- Renew and make changes to your cover
- Process claims
- Carry out profiling and analytics
Our insurers share information with the Aviva Group, their reinsurers and other specific organisations for these purposes.